Tuesday, June 9, 2009

phew..

Well, it is Monday and I have survived! I got to Croatia safely and actually met up with Christina and Bree immediately! (These are the girls I will be living with for the next 8 weeks!) We then had to take a bus from Zagreb, Croatia to Tuzla... that was interesting. Needless to say the bus driver ripped us off because we are American... anyways, you can be sure that I will be thoroughly brushing up on the Bosnian language to ensure that will NOT happen again (lets keep our fingers crossed).

The apartment that we are staying in is really cute! Surprisingly, it is my bosss (ok..real quick.. these key boards are all weird..im in the office of the ngo that i am working for...and I can not figure out where the apostrophe is..so forgive my entry here. An example for you... the y button is really a z..and the z button is really a y. weird.) parents house. They have a summer home that they will be staying in for the next 8 weeks. But I thought that was soooo nice of them! And they cooked us dinner and everything! But, it was nice for everyone to leave and for us to get comfortable in the apartment and settle in.

Right now, I am at work! I am working with CRP Mercy Corps. So, we will be working till about noon our time. It is only 9am right now. Then we get the rest of the time to just explore and relax!

Ok, I have to go! I will post pictures as soon as I find an inernet cafe today!!

6 comments:

  1. sounds pretty cool. I'm not sure when I'll get to talk to you so i'll talk through here to make sure we at the very least converse. The apartment is immaculate because I have nothing else to do besides clean. I'm actually going to cancel my express credit card today. Hopefully this ambition keeps up. I may be able to get some things done. I hope you can check this at some point today.

    Also, I was thinking it might be best to Skype at around 11 or 11:30pm Mountain time because that will be 7 or 7:30am your time. Though I don't know where you can get internet at that time. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oye, i have to be at work at 8. but! we can skype at work, they said so! i love you!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, but here's the catch. If you skype at work around 8 or 8:30 that's 12 or 12:30am my time and I do need some beauty sleep. we can do that sometimes. If i wake up early around 6 am or so we can skype towards the end of your day. maybe we'll take shifts for who wakes up early while skyping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi B-Bop, how exciting!!! oh man how great is it? how was your first day? why was the bus ride so not good? did you sit in on a session yet? find a cafe? ahhhhhh tell me everything I LOVE YOU xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. BB let me know when will be good for you for skyping when you get a chance so i can get the girls together!!! =0)

    ReplyDelete