Thursday, June 18, 2009

and the hunt begins...

Ok, so just an fyi to all involved my chances of getting actual internet are slim to none. I spoke to Amir yesterday about the situation, and he said that getting cable internet in the apartment was honestly too complicated and by the time they could get it installed, we would be leaving Bosnia. However, Amir is on the hunt! *(Which, I, as well as the other girls appreciate very much!). Amir is trying to look into some of the local internet providers in the area to see if they will provide some kind of USB thing, or I don't really know what is involved. However, that is looking pretty bleak.. which really sucks, because this I feel it is highly inconvenient (haha, but it seriously is) and I shouldn't have to pay to use internet when I lugged that damn 10lb computer half way across the world!

As if this internet situation hasn't been annoying enough to us, we also have a daily visitor to our humble abode... unannounced and when we aren't there. I am speaking of my so-called 'landlord.' I totally get the fact that she may feel somewhat uncomfortable over the fact of having three strangers taking residence in her home, however, she chose to participate. I don't want to seem ungrateful... because I really am, I promise. It's just awkward and uncomfortable for us. I feel like I have to live like I'm walking on egg-shells, and I know we can all understand how uncomfortable that could be. I wouldn't mind if she came once a week or something and we knew when she was coming.... but I just feel weird. Not to mention I had my 'un-mentionables' hanging out to dry out on the deck! If I had known she was coming I would have made sure to put them somewhere, or possibly have done my laundry on a different day!

Well my friends, keep your fingers crossed in hopes that our internet situation takes an unexpected turn for the best! As for our old little lady landlord.. there's no hope for remedy there, just 'nod and smile,' as I always say.

No comments:

Post a Comment