Tuesday, June 23, 2009

i should have packed a sweatshirt...

What is this New York or something? It's raining, gloomy, and cooooollllldddd. What the heck?! Seriously, why did I come all the way here and not pack one long sleeved shirt or even a sweatshirt for that matter?? ggeeezzzeeee.

Anyway, as I am keeping my eyes peeled for warmer clothing, I can update you on life in Tuzla. Which, hasn't been overwhelmingly exciting, but will suffice for now. So, the girls and I decided to take an R & R day (haha, I know, shhh, I know what you're thinking) this past Friday to experience what is the Tuzla Salt Lakes. I have to say that this little area was pretty hoppin'. Lots of old people... in bikini's and speed-o's, to be graphic. However, I admired the confidence they exposed, and I can only hope to be that confident when I'm 80 years old and wrinkly. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed laying out in the sun and catchin' some rays...but, of course I got a little sun burn. Surprise, surprise. Then we didn't really do much else that Friday.. I thought we might go out, but we didn't.. and I was really really bored. Then saturday came and went, and we checked out some of the local markets. They have this one that is pretty close to our apartment, and it only has clothing and shoes and what not. We went to that, but I really wasn't overly impressed by anything I saw. We then trekked over to the 'Mercator,' which is one of the local malls. It is pretty small, but it had a couple of nice shops. There was this one, where I was able to get this beautiful scarf. Ahhh it's so colorful and soft! I love it!

That night was another easy-going night. Bree and I took a walk into the center of town to see what the nightlife is like. It is pretty crazy. Since we were just walking through, and I thought we might stop for a beer somewhere, we didn't... why you ask? Because.. we were way under-dressed.. and people were sort of staring at us. It's very interesting how dressed up all of these teens and young adults get when they go out. From the sounds of the music and the chatter of all the people, it really looks like a good time. Maybe this week I'll experience it...

So yesterday, I worked at the mental hosptial. I really like it there. Even though I can't physically hear what the clients are saying, I can see what they say through their body language. It's actually interesting how much you can learn about a person just by watching their every move. I'm now even more intrigued by this type of psychology, and yes Bucky I have you to thank for introducing me to 'Lie to Me.' LOL. But yeah, so we got to discuss everything with our supervisor after each group, which was good to just reflect and re-evaluate what went on in the groups. So, I will definitely be looking forward to my Monday's now.

fyi... I've finished my 4th book. It's week three and I am moving on to book number 5. Yes, I am reading a lot. No, there isn't a ton to do in my apartment other than read and work out. At least I will hit and exceed my New Year's Resolution to read at least 8 books this year. And yes, they will all be read within these 8 weeks. So basically what I am saying, is that I am very much looking forward to my weekends. hahah. But seriously, this weekend the girls and I are going to head down to Mostar. I am pretty pumped about that. Also, not this weekend, but sometime in the coming weeks we are going to travel back down that way to go to this town called Medjugorje. In this town they have a place called 'Apparition Hill,' and here it is said that the Virgin Mary appears to people on a daily basis.

Check this out -
http://www.gospa.com/pages/medjugor.htm

Ok, well that's all for now. I miss everyone. And oh, fyi, sorry I haven't been able to even talk to anyone other than my family. Email is looking like its going to be the best option for me to talk to you, unless we are able to coordinate, which I feel is unlikely. But, we will see. My email is annhud1@gmail.com. Muah!

2 comments:

  1. always good to follow your little news!keep rocking in Tuzla! I am going to buy the new tiger woods game so you have somthing to look forward to! woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I am pretty excited about this now because when I get home I'll have all day to improve my already awesome skills and then I'll be the tiger 2010 champion! ahhhhh whooooooooo hahahhahahaha i love you-

    ReplyDelete