Thursday, July 16, 2009

attempting to be responsible with my $ in a foriegn country

Jessie! (that's another greeting that I've learned)

So.. I'm in a pickle folks. I received an email from one of my fellow IDPer's that a bunch of members of the BiH stationers are going to be taking a rafting trip this Saturday!! My predicament is more internal than anything, but its a frustrating situation nonetheless! The ladies who are organizing these festivities are my lovely Mostar girls, who I visited to ring in the 4th abroad. It looks as though this water rafting trip will be about 90km, which is about $65 in the US, which really is a good deal, because it includes transportation to and from the site from Mostar, breakfast and lunch, the equipment, rafting for 3-4 hrs, and pictures of the days events on a cd! The only thing is that i'm going to be spending a lot of money, just to go rafting (which fyi, I have never done before!) I guess the question I'm asking myself is, is it worth all the money?? One side says, YES IT TOTALLY IS! : You are doing something you have never had the opportunity to do before, you are going to be with your friends, you are getting the hell out of Tuzla, it will be a blast, and the weather is supposed to be relatively good. The other side of me says WELL I'M NOT SO SURRREEE... : you are spending a lot of money in one weekend (nothing I haven't already done though!) what if you get there and the weather turns out to be crappy (well, I guess I save 90km then & I'll get to see more of Mostar!, it's a lot of money that you may need when you get home.. (ok, fine, this is true..)

So, you see?? I can't seem to make a decision!! I have 3 weeks left here and one more trip I am taking to Dubrovnik, Croatia on 7/31 (which is 2 weeks away! but I have $$ put aside for that) I just want to be responsible, but I am about to throw all to the wind and say 'COUNT ME IN!' Well.. we'll see, I have to make my decision in a couple of hours....

1 comment: